Thursday, March 19, 2009

I am crafty I guess....a little bit of Marj in me!



So..I saw this diaper cake at a baby shower a while back, and I thought to myself..."I want thaaat!" I just wanted to try making it. It was the cutest idea, you make a cake out of diapers, and then you put little gifts all over it. And that's your gift!! My neighbor Aubree is due with a little baby girl soon, and I wanted to make it for her baby shower. I was planning and scheming all week. It's very crafty, and very hard to make. So, if you want some advice, I can tell you the ins and outs of how to make a diaper cake. Just ask, and I would be happy to share my secrets. My Mom almost cried when I sent her a picture, she just wants a little craftiness inside of me once in awhile. I don't cook, sew, make things, or own a hot glue gun. So, if I can make a diaper cake here and there...I think that will make her proud enough.





3 comments:

Rob and Juliann said...

Wow Heidi. I'm SO impressed! I don't own a hot glue gun either if it makes you feel any better.

Liz H said...

Heidi - that is awesome! You did a great job. I've helped make one of those before and it took all 18 hands to hold the diapers in while we got the ribbon wrapped around it. You are my hero! Way to make your mom proud!

The Prigmore Family said...

That is SO CUTE! I want one. I can't believe you made her yourself. You'll be makin anatomically correct trolls before you know it. Marj would be proud.